Public Transportation in Barcelona
Referred to by many as the best way to get from one place to the other within the city, the Metro is easily recognized with a large “M” and the frequency of the lines are very often.
• L1 – Red Line – From Hospital de Bellvitge to Fondo
• L2 – Purple Line – From Paral-lel to Pep Ventura
• L3 – Green Line – From Zona Universitaria to Canvelles
• L4 – Yellow Line – From Trinitat Nova to La Pau
• L5 – Blue Line – From Cornella Centre to Horta
With a transport fleet of over 1,000 different buses operating on over 80 routes, it is safe to say that there are plenty of bus options for transportation in Barcelona.
Single Ticket: The price for a single ticket is 2.15 Euros.
T-10: The price for the T-1O ticket is 9.95 Euros and is good for 10 journeys.
Day Passes: These tickets are good for either 2,3,4 or 5 days.
The FGC public transportation stands for Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat and is operated by the Catalan government.
Lines: There are 3 different lines including L6, L7 and L8
The Barcelona Tram is a great option for those looking for a quick, comfortable and easy access option to Barcelona’s major industrial areas, residential zones and shopping centers.
• Trambaix – From Francesc Macia to the town of Sant Feliu de Llobregat, Sant Joan and Sant Just Desvern.
• Cornella – From the Olympic Village to Sant Adria de Besos via the Forum site and arriving to Badalona.
Apart from the public transportation in Barcelona there is another amazing way to get around the city - Barcelona Hop on Hop off Bus!
There are several public bicycle rentals available for anyone and can be rented for a full day, half of a day or even by the hour.