Shopping During the Holidays
Like many visitors of Barcelona, there are often concerns when it comes to shopping during the holidays. Although the overall feel of the city can be quite enchanting during times like Christmas and New Year’s, it often also means that the hours of the shops can change quite drastically. In order to avoid disappointment, here are some tips and facts you should know when it comes to shopping in Barcelona during the holidays…
• The 4 Sundays before Christmas, all shops will be open – all other Sundays of the year, shops are typically closed.
• Shops that are smaller than 150 square meters are not subject to opening hours and you will most likely find a lot of them open on both Sundays and holidays.
• The 2 places that do not follow these limitations for Sundays and holidays are Marremagnum and La Rocka Village.
• ALL shops will be closed on Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and most on New Year’s Day.
The following is a list of additional the holidays you may encounter during your stay in Barcelona and possible closures of shops during these times…
• 06 January: Three Kings Day
• 03 April: Good Friday
• 05 April: Easter Sunday
• 01 May: Labor Day
• 01 June: Local Holiday
• 24 June: St. John’s Day Festival
• 15 August: Assumption Day
• 11 September: National Day of Catalonia
• 24 September: La Merce Festival (biggest)
• 06 December: Constitution Day
• 08 December: Day of the Immaculate Conception
• 26 December: Saint Stephen’s Day/Boxing Day